1. Identifying the
for developing diabetes.
4. - Trang Ly (PMH) >2008 . Yogi Kanagasingam (CSIRO) developed the camera -
now in use at the International Space Station conducting medical research.
We continued to fund his work in 2017 using AI to detect changes with an updated portable camera.
how diabetes related
retinopathy (blindness) develops.
8. Developing novel treatments for obesity to prevent type 2 diabetes. .
9. Preserving insulin producing cells following kidney transplants.
12. Use of artificial intelligence
to grade eye images in
diagnosis of retinopathy at GP clinics.
Yogi Kanagasingam (CSIRO) 2017
13. Identifying children at risk
of type 1 diabetes to find ways
to prevent or delay it.
16. Preventing a second
(often fatal) heart
attack in those with type 2 diabetes.
17. Trial of oral insulin
as an adjunct therapy
to injected insulin
in type 1 diabetes.
Kevin Pfleger – (UWA & Perkins Inst) 2021